Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Impossible Quiche

I flipped through the new MOPS cookbook I received for Christmas from my sister-in-law.  I found a recipe with very few ingredients, all of which I had on hand.  I decided this would be a good place to start for my new "recipe a day" idea. 


I substituted Colby cheese for the Swiss because that is what I had in the refrigerator. 

How did it turn out?

It smelled and looked wonderful.  Unfortunately, I did not measure the salt and pepper, but instead just sprinkled it into the blender before blending.  My quiche was really salty.  This was a user error!  My bad!  I will definitely measure the salt next time.  It was still pretty good, and the Colby cheese was a fine substitution.   


Looks scrumptious, doesn't it!?
What about the kids?

Walt found the tiny pieces of onion immediately and picked them out. (he's my picky child)  He declared after one bite that he didn't like it.  He's done, and he's not going to eat any more.  Mara also said she didn't like it, but only after hearing Walter say it first.  I made them each eat five bites, and faces were made after most of them.   I'm blaming the salt. 

Recipe: 4 out of 5
Turned out: 1 out of 5




No comments: