Saturday, July 09, 2011

Cedarwood

Josh found this recipe at allrecipes.com while searching for a summer drink recipe. 

Ingredients

  • 1 fluid ounce lemon juice
  • 2 fluid ounces vodka
  • 4 fluid ounces cranberry juice
  • 3 1/2 fluid ounces ginger ale

Directions

  1. In a tall glass over ice combine lemon juice, vodka, cranberry juice and ginger ale. Stir and serve.
Allrecipes

The juice we had was Cranberry Raspberry.  We also used a shaker to cool the drink instead of putting ice cubes in the glass.  I measured all of the liquids, and as you can see, the glass is already quite full.



How did it turn out?

It is an interesting combination of flavors.  The lemon is pretty distinctive and I can't taste the alcohol at all.  It is not super sweet.  I'd say, not bad.  I may have one more.  I'm still trying to get used to it.

What about the kids?

The kids had to go to bed early because we went to the water park, and they skipped nap time.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5

No comments: