Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups

I was looking for a sandwich recipe, and this came up on the side bar.  I stopped searching immediately.  This looked too yummy to pass up, plus I know my boys would love it!

Ingredients

  • 1 (11.5 ounce) package milk chocolate chips, divided
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar

Directions

  1. Trim 12 paper muffin cup liners to half of their height.
  2. Place 1/2 chocolate chips in a microwave safe container. Microwave for 2 minutes, stirring after each minute. Spoon melted chocolate into muffin cups, filling halfway. With a spoon, draw the chocolate up the sides of the cups until evenly coated. Cool in the refrigerator until firm.
  3. In a small bowl, mix together peanut butter, confectioners' sugar and salt. divide into the chocolate cups. Melt the remaining chocolate, and spoon over peanut butter. Spread chocolate to edges of cups.
All Recipes

I mixed the bottoms of two jars of peanut butter, one smooth and one crunchy. The rest of the recipe I followed as written.



How did it turn out?
These.Were.Delicious!  They tasted just like bought peanut butter cups.  They would definitely rival the Reese's brand cups, but Josh claims that Wal-Mart brand is the best and hard to beat.  You'll have to weigh if the cost of the materials plus the time making them is worth the effort.  Since I got such a great deal on both chocolate chips and peanut butter, I say, definitely worth it!  My boys (+girl) loved them as expected. :0)


What about the kids?
Both enjoyed and asked for seconds.  They are pretty messy because the chocolate melts pretty quickly in little hands.  They'll get their seconds tomorrow after lunch.

Rating: 5 out of 5

No comments: