Friday, July 15, 2011

Spicy Crab Dip

sI found a can of crab meat cheap at my dented can store, so I searched for a recipe to use it in.  This one sounded yummy.

Ingredients


    8 oz fat free cream cheese
    1/4 cup nonfat milk
    2 cloves of minced garlic
      1 can crab meat (6.5 oz)
       Cayenne pepper to taste
    Directions
    Mix cream cheese, milk, and garlic together.
    Stir in crab meat.
    Stir in cayenne pepper to taste.
    Chill before serving.

    Number of Servings: 6

    Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TRIDELT1076.
    This recipe was found at Sparkpeople. com

    I followed this recipe as written.  I added about 3 dashes of cayenne pepper.  I drained the crab meat before mixing it in.



    How did it turn out?

    This is a great dip, and I will definitely make it again.  I had a coupon for these Ritz cracker chips too, so that is an added bonus.  It turned out a little runnier than I would prefer.  I could have drained the crab meat more, so that is a change I would make.  I probably would also add a little less milk when mixing cream cheese to thicken it a bit.

    What about the kids?

    They ate seconds of the mousse from last night. 

    Rating: 5 out of 5

    No comments: