Sunday, July 03, 2011

Quick Creamy Chicken & Noodles

I found this recipe on the back of a can of cream of chicken and mushroom soup.  I had never even heard of that soup, but we had apparently bought it at our cheap dented can store, so we had some.  It sounded pretty good, but mostly it sounded easy and I had all of the ingredients for it on hand.

Campbells

1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken and Mushroom Soup
1/2 cup milk
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
3 cups medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
Chopped fresh parsley
  • Heat the soup, milk, black pepper, cheese, chicken and noodles in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat until the mixture is hot and bubbling, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with the parsley before serving.
I had a box of Ronzoni Garden Delight Pasta, so I started with that.  I also had two fairly large chicken breasts that needed to be cooked, so I cubed those up.  As I cooked the noodles and cubed the chicken, I realized that both would be way more than the recipe called for and that I would need more cream sauce for all of it.  So I exchanged the one can of cream of chicken and mushroom soup, for one can each of cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup.  I also used 1 cup of milk instead of a half cup.  I did not have parsley, so I left that off.  I did not use the Parmesan cheese, and the reason for that is simply I forgot until now that it was in the recipe.



How did it turn out?

This was delicious!  It was really creamy.  It was very quick to make, and easy because all of these ingredients are things that I normally have on hand.  Both Josh and I enjoyed second helpings.

What about the kids?

They both told me it was good, but they'd been snacking so they didn't eat much of it at lunch.  Later when they came asking for afternoon snacks, I made them finish their pasta first, and they both did without complaining.  Apparently this is fine served cold as well.  :0)

Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments: