Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Hot Dog Gravy

I found this recipe in the MOPS cookbook I was flipping through on the first day of this project (see the first day's post).  I was drawn to it, honestly, because it was weird and, frankly, sounded disgusting.  But, someone liked it enough to submit it for a cookbook, so I figured there had to be something to it.

I used 6 Jennie O Turkey hot dogs.  I think I used less water than a cup, so my gravy turned out a bit thicker than it is probably supposed to.  I followed the rest of the recipe as written including the cornbread.




How did it turn out?

Eh!  It wasn't disgusting, but it wasn't good either.  It was similar to country gravy for breakfast, but with a different consistency because of the hot dog.  I could eat it, but I wouldn't make it again.

What about the kids?

Neither of them would even take a bite.  They both went to their nap without eating lunch.  Mara did wake up after nap wanting a snack, and so she finished hers off then. (eating it cold would not be my ideal for this dish...)

Rating: 2 out of 5

No comments: