Saturday, July 02, 2011

Stout Beer Ice Cream Mini Floats

While perusing the Pillsbury recipe site, I came across this recipe, and I knew that my husband would be very interested in it.  I also knew that I would likely hate it, but it was an interesting idea, so I decided to give it a shot.

Pillsbury

INGREDIENTS

1 cup premium vanilla ice cream
1/2 cup stout draught beer (from 14.9-oz can)
3 tablespoons chocolate-flavor syrup

DIRECTIONS

1   Using small ice cream scoop (about 1 tablespoon each), place 2 small scoops in each of 8 shot glasses. Slowly pour about 1 tablespoon beer into each glass.
2 Drizzle each with about 1 teaspoon syrup. Serve immediately with small spoons.
I used Guinness beer, a store brand vanilla ice cream and Hershey's chocolate syrup.


How did it turn out?

I was pleasantly surprised.  Once the ice cream was sufficiently mixed with the beer, it didn't taste too bad.  When I got mostly beer, I didn't care for it because I don't like Guinness, but together it was surprisingly good.  Josh liked it a lot.  It was right up his alley.  He'll have another larger version later to finish off the bottle of Guinness we bought.

What about the kids?

They enjoyed a lovely bowl of vanilla ice cream for dessert tonight.  ;0)

Rating: 4 out of 5

1 comment:

K said...

I'm going to give this a shot! I hear dark beer is the best thing to enhance "mommy milk" supply, but I'm not a fan... hopefully this is yummy and does the trick!