Wednesday, July 06, 2011

One Pot Dinner

I set out today to find a recipe that would use a lot of beans because we have a lot of them for some reason.  I remembered my mom making something like this when I was younger, so I headed to the trusty AAL cookbook and came across this recipe.


I did not have liquid smoke or white vinegar, so I put in some thick Worcester sauce in place of them.  The rest of the recipe I followed as written.


How did it turn out?

Fabulous!  This is a great recipe.  It was tangy, sort of like sloppy joes.  Josh called it a sweet chili.  We all loved it.  It also smelled really good throughout the day as it simmered in the crock pot.

What about the kids?

Mara gobbled hers up right away.  Walter took a little more coaxing, but ate all of his too.  Later, when they asked for a snack, I got it out again.  Mara ate a ton!  Walter said that we should have this again sometime.

Rating: 5 out of 5




No comments: