Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fruit in Jello

This recipe was inspired by two of my sisters-in-law.  Heather, who recommended several varieties, and Christine, who served this exact dish when we visited earlier this summer.  Believe it or not, I myself have never made the fruit in Jello combo.  I felt it was time!

Ingredients:

1 or more packages of Jello
Any variety of fruit
Optional: Cool Whip

Instructions:

Cut up fruit.  Make Jello according to package directions, then pour over the fruit.  Let it cool for several hours covered.  Top with cool whip.  Serve.  Yummy!

I used peach jello with fresh peaches.  I did not even know there was such a thing as peach jello until Christine served it to us.  I enjoyed it quite a lot.  Probably my favorite Jello flavor.



How did it turn out?

Delicious and easy!  Not a bit of it left over.

What about the kids?

They both ate large portions of peas and carrots in anticipation of receiving this dessert after summer.  Then it was promptly eaten in about 2 minutes.  They loved it!

Rating: 5 out of 5 
Thanks ladies!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Definitely a very classy dish. Much like assorted fruits dipped in chocolate.
We actually had this at B&C's house, and it was delicious!