Sunday, July 17, 2011

Tater Tot Casserole

Today I wanted to find a recipe that used Tater Tots.  Here's what I found.  This one got a lot of good reviews on the Cooks.com website, so I had high hopes for it.

1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 bag tater tots
shredded cheese
1 lb of ground hamburger meat
serves: 6 or 7

Brown hamburger meat. Add cream of mushroom soup and stir together continuously. Let simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
Place mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish. Lay tater tots neatly on top of the mixture.
Place in oven on 350' and let the tater tots brown.
Sprinkle with cheese; melt it in the oven and ENJOY.

Submitted by: Danielle Watson

Cooks.com

I used cream of celery soup instead of mushroom. 


How did it turn out?

I thought it was delicious.  It clearly doesn't fit with my "lower calorie" goal for the week, but it was very tasty.  It's definitely not a combination I would have come up with on my own.

What about the kids?

Mara loved it.  She scarffed down two helpings very quickly.  Walter claimed not to like it and had to be foreced to eat a required amount of bites before he could leave the table.  Lately he says he only likes pizza, hot dogs, and lots of treats.  I guess this didn't fit any of those categories.

Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments: