Thursday, July 14, 2011

Mmmmm....Pumpkin Mousse

I needed to use up the rest of the can of pumpkin I had opened the other day, so here is what I found.  Again, I found this on the Very Best Baking website.


Ingredients

  • 1 box (3.4 oz.) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
  • 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
  • 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
  • 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
  • 1 1/2 cups thawed fat-free frozen whipped topping
Makes about six 1/2-cup servings


Very Best Baking




Directions

COMBINE pudding mix and pie spice in medium bowl. With whisk, add evaporated milk; mix until well blended. Add pumpkin; mix well. Gently fold whipped topping into pudding mixture. Spoon into serving dishes. Top with additional whipped topping and pie spice, if desired. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.

I followed the directions as written.  I used cinnamon, not pumpkin spice.


How did it turn out?

This was really easy to make.  It turned out good, like eating a creamy pumpkin pie without the crust.  Yum!


What about the kids?
This one was a BIG hit with the kids.  They both enjoyed with lots of "mmmmm"s! I think they would have eaten twice as much in a serving if given their choice.
 Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments: